Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Placement

Today is the last day of my placement at a community pharmacy for this semester. I have done a series of placement since first year; community, hospital and rural. Yet, of all the placement, this time is the best. I really enjoyed myself every week at this 8 weeks block of placement except for one. I shall not further describe what happen in that one week except for my preceptor was not around. The staffs are all very nice and easy-going people. My preceptor is absolutely a fabulous guy. I just love the environment around the pharmacy settings. It has always been enjoyable and no tense moment. Laughter always fill the air. Jokes are being made. I was even being conned by the owner of the pharmacy into believing that he was a pre-reg. It went on for about 2 weeks before I knew the truth. It became a joke around the pharmacy. Singing, dancing can be seen from time to time. Besides all the fun part, I actually counselled more patients in this 8 week block than I had over the past 3 years. I have always been afraid to counsel patients and usually hide myself behind the dispensary. The fear however subside this year. I was much more confident in serving and counselling patients. Maybe is my fourth year now and the confidence level has slowly built up. Maybe is also the settings of the pharmacy and the pharmacy staff that helps me boost my confidence. I am glad I am of help during my placement. Although I served as a free labour, it didn't matter much. I learnt something after every placement and enjoyed myself. Therefore, as a token of appreciation, instead of writting a letter to my preceptor thanking him for his time and effort of teaching me, I bought a box of Krispy Kreme for him and the staff. At least everyone get to enjoy it rather than a letter which I reckon will end up in the bin. Everyone enjoyed it over their morning tea. What touched me the most was that I even got a present at the end of the day. One of the pharmacy assistant was really kind enough to put some things together for me. Although they are mainly free samples, it the thought that matters. I wasn't expecting anything at all as all that I have done was part of my duty. I doubt anyone else would get a box of gift for doing their placement. We even exchanged some hugs before I left. Thanks a lot for allowing my to do my placement there. I am sure to return next semester. See you guys soon.
Pictures courtesy of my housemate and his 'baby'

1 comment:

The One They Proclaimed Qiang said...

what pictures courtesy of ur hsemate n baby?

i got name! n my baby is call NIKON D40! lol