Finally, finally is over. I am finally done with my lab work for my honours. Yahoo!! It is worth a celebration. Haha. A two weeks lab work was extended to 5 months!! How can I not be excited that is it all over.
Nevertheless, only the lab part is done. Now working on analysing the results. And then, there will be the writing up part. That will be another nightmare, but that is to worry later. Hehe.
5 sets of results were obtained with slight modification from one to another set. 2 were useless. So, the other 3 sets were being analyzed and they gave the same conclusion which is good. Now we gotta decide which set of data to use as the results in my paper, which one will look better in my paper. It was seriously a waste of time repeating one set after another when the conclusions were all the same. I guess it will give better support to my results. So what was the conclusion from my research work? There is variation in beta-carotene content between Kensington Pride mangoes. Duh... Everyone could have guess that without needing a research on it. But I did a 5 months lab work to prove it. Sigh. Not sure what contribution or significant my research will be. Oh well...
At least is over now. I did learn some research techniques, some instrumentation procedure. Really learnt time management because I always try to squeeze in some time for lab between lectures, tutorials, group discussions and work. Trying to maximize all the possible time I had. Learnt to multi-task, accomplish a few goals at one time but also not to be too greedy (had a few lessons to teach me this). It also tested my patience and strengths. And finally it changed me to be a morning person. Hehe. Can't really sleep in much anymore. Just automatically wake up and more productive in the morning.
2 comments:
At least you got to eat free Kensington Pride mangoes for five months! On the other hand, my research involves patients with sour faces whenever they see me. :P
lol. if only i get to eat any mango throughout the whole period. it was all freeze dry and stored in the lab. bohohohoho. but at least they sour face to me. haha
Post a Comment