Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Eventful Weekend

Despite still not fully recovered from my injury, it did not stop me from going around. Although I took off from work, it didn't mean that I was just gonna stay home and rest. I had something on throughout the weekend. FRIDAY Attended Huey Wen and Sailo's housewarming. It was already the month of April but it didn't stop people from organizing one. I think due to much peer pressure, they finally decided to 'open' their house. It was nevertheless a good timing as there were not much chances to meet up this month; no birthday celebrations, no festivals. SATURDAY I was supposingly not to play netball. But it was the Queensland Sports Carnival (QSC). It was my last chance to participate in such events. Despite missing the game at the very last minute last year, I was not going to allow it to happen again this year. Who cares about the ankle. Haha. I am indeed a 'cow' =P.

It was like sports day back in my schooling days. We had our own rumah sukan; green, blue, black and orange. I was in the green house. It was kinda fun when everyone was so semangat for their own house. We even had house captains and for my house, they were very enthu; sending out several emails before the games, predicting our chances to win in each games etc.

There were 4 teams competing in netball. I was being quite careful when playing. I played the GK position most of the time to prevent me from running around too much. And I seldom jumped too. Haha. Afraid that I might injured myself again. But when it came to the last match, I gave it all in. Played GD then, run and jump more. Didn't really matter much anymore at that time if I was going to injured myself. Thank god I did not injured myself more than I already had. Having to win two matches and draw one, we won!! Go green team. Haha.

The prize giving ceremony was on the next day. The medal was pretty and quite solid. The Green house was also the overall champion. Haha. No regrets joining the competition and luckily injury did not stop me from competing =P.

SUNDAY Alan and Phyllis' birthday celebration. We headed to Sizzler for dinner.
Happy Birthday to the lovely couple

3 comments:

Celest said...

OMG First place for netball!!!! CONGRATS!!! hahahaha... i didnt make the BERSATU trials this yr :(

But nonetheless, will join the training sessions... hopefully we get to play together one day. Haha.

Zhi Wei said...

hehe. i am planning to join the training session for fun too. yeah hopefully one day we can play together. remember those time we played basketball in akasia at midnight!! it was fun

glo teng said...

congrats! such semangat! well done! i respect ur perseverance and determination!