Thursday, September 13, 2007
Random facts
Got this idea of writing about some of my daily habits while I was brushing my teeth (there's a link to it). Some habits might be well-known and some others not so. It can actually be catogerized. Haha. Okie so here goes the list:
In the kitchen
1. I don't have much patience when it comes to cooking. I like quick and fast meals. That's why you can see me opening to the highest temperature of the hotplate (no stove here =( ). For me, there is not much different in cooking a dish quickly with the highest possible temperature or using lower temperature and taking longer time. So the faster the better.
2. Instant noodle. My instant noodle is instant but not all-plain and dull type. I usually add extra ingredients, meat or veges or egg. This is more interesting and a more balance meal (trying to conviencing myself that is healthier this way =P).
3. Baking. Don't know what has gotten into me this semester but I have been baking something almost every week since the beginning of this sem. Let's see what I have made: strawberry cheesecake, portugese egg tarts, blueberry cheesecake, glutinous rice cake, kuih seri muka, banana cake, egg tart and more to come. Not all were successful though but at least I gave it a try.
4. Spicy food. This is my well-known area. Like to cook spicy food and eat them too. No one will ask my opinion about the spiceness of a food because my level of hot is REALLY HOT. Appologies to my housemates as they are always the victim if I cook spicy food. Hee
In the bathroom
5. I gotta bath to start my day and also to start my night. If I have not taken a shower, I dont really feel like sitting down and start doing my work. Need to feel all clean first before doing my work. Or more like an excuse to procrastinate a little after dinner. Hehe
6. I am a toothpaste eater. Not literally. I used the most tooth paste in the house. A tube of ~175g can last me for about one and half month. Don't know why.
In my room
7. Music. I will usually blast music when I am stress and sing-a-long with the lyrics. Not that I feel much better after singing but just feel like doing it. So when I am blasting my music, there is a reason behind it.
8. Earrings. I have a whole collection of earrings but I reckon there will be others out there who have more. When I was on the winter trip to Korea, guess what I bought the most?? Earrings!! I bought 12 pairs, half for myself and the others as souveniors. And I also finally bought an earring holder that I have wanted for quite long. Not really a surprise I guess, as I received a few pairs of earrings for my birthday last year =P.
9. Bags. Just a coincident that 3 out of 4 of my bags are brown in colour. Is not that I like brown colour in particular, just that all the bags that I like happen to be brown or brown looks the best for that style.
10. Socks. Lucky to study in Queensland as wearing thongs is VERY common here. I just where thongs everywhere I go except for pracs. And I always shop for thongs. Another reason is that I dislike wearing shoes as I gotta wash the socks after. Yeah although all I need to do is just dump it in the washing machine but still...
This is all I can think off right now. So, anyone has any other facts about me to add, just feel free. I might not realize that is a habit of me until someone pointed it out. Haha
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
1) your fav word = "yeeee"
2) you like eating yogurt (*pinch nose* smelly)
3) u roll ur eyes with ur eyelids half closed
4) u eat lotsa choc,tim tams and snacks alot
5) eats rice like a cat ("extremely small amount")
6) dislikes porridge
7) good at chopping corns and chicken
hahhaha.... wahhh huey wen, how long did u take to come up with all that? hehehehe.... but i know the porridge one is true
hehehehehe....
LOL. So smart giving comments about me when i am outside cooking ALONE and you just found out about chopping corn few hours ago. Haha. Btw i dont have big eyes, so cant roll with my eyes fully budged out unlike hw.
and i guess it didnt take hw long to come out with the list. she was just trying to imitate my 'yeeee'. is copyright reserves, u got no skill to imitate. wahahaha
hahahahhaha... didnt know im quite similar to you! i do 6 outta 10 of ur habits too.. which aree.. 1,2,4,5,6 and abit of 7 (i blast but dont really sing along). and the bathing before starting day and before starting work is classic! have been like that since young but haven't known someone with that habit till now! psst.. im unlike my housemates who bathe once a day only.. smelly smelly.
and yea.. whats wrong with porridge? they're nice! celest does good porridge, you should try. heheh..
mmm.. and when you are talking, and then when you need to do some thinking, you will bring your lips together.. i dunno how to describe it lar, but that's smthing i noticed abt you in that one short day.
:P
ya, this girl is crazy over spicy food... :p
mm, and becoming a great ah-sam too!! :p
Wahaha...i agree tht quick yet yummy meals will be the best way to save time...
Yea, i want to learn from u for baking those yummy desserts...wohoo!! EAT eat EAT!
Hey,
I suddenly realize it's really been a long time since we spend much time together, when I realize that I cant remember most of the habits that you wrote down. But I definitely agree on your habit number 10, because I have been trying to imagine you wearing shoes, and realize that I cant.. :) but can definitely remember a few of your old sandals/ slippers.. :)
Post a Comment