Sunday, August 19, 2007
When someone is crying...
Most of us will not know what to do if we see someone crying. We do not know what to say because we are afraid that it will just make things worst. So, most of us will just avoid the situation, trying not to notice and pretending that we did not realize. By that way, we do not need to face the person who is crying. It is mean but normal.
I was in the library (as usual) when I saw one lady was crying. She was wiping off her tears but from my guess, she was still crying. We had eye contact. But I just turned away and continued walking. I acted like I did not see what was going on. And, I had to walk pass her again to get back to my table. This time I dare not look at her at all. I dont know. It was just an unconscious action and probably by not looking at her I am not obligated to help out. I felt bad afterwards. Maybe she needed help and I have the ability to help. It might make things better for her. But with my selfishness act, I just continued on with my work, feeling guilty just for a while. Not knowing what happen to her, I hope that she will be alright.
But I reckon, I am not that daring to just simply approach a stranger and asking them what is wrong. Not everyone wants to talk about it. They might even get upset for being so noosy and might turn you away and ask you to mind your own business. It could be either way and it is up to us to choose the move. I might have acted differently if she was my friend but I will still be scare. I have been in the situations where people were crying in front of me. I will be nervous, not knowing how to console them and all I do best is just accompany them. And vice versa, I know it is hard for people to face me if I am crying. So, sometimes it is better to cry alone.
p/s: instead of doing my honours proposal, this is how I spend my time in the library :P
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
fuiyo thought u so busy always go library do your work manachai do other things.haa.:P
ya i also feel scared when i see ppl cry.there was once i put my hands around my friend's shoulder who was crying she cry even more.
but i guess most of the time ppl won't push u away and ask u to mind your own business unless that person is crying bcos of u.some ppl like to feel their friends' presence around them when they are crying but most ppl will usually js cry alone bcos they don't want others to feel uncomfy.
go do your work la.stop slacking wei..
Fei: coz ur hands were dirty la...make ppl cry more 'shakes head'
eh don't spam my blog... wanna spam, spam pw's blog... wahaha
haha..eh..maybe wo..i didn't check my hands.maybe i shd next time.hahaha.hey kin fei let's start chatting here.hahaha.kek sei her
wah..how can u do ds to me??ask them to spam my blog...
Post a Comment