Saturday, July 28, 2007
Deaf or dumb
Have you experience telling someone a story but no response was given after? Or have you complain about something and response given was not satisfactory? Do you feel that sometimes you are talking to a wall rather than a human being? It is very frustrated to be in this situation. What is the point of talking when keeping quiet is a better option.
I have accounted many of this kind of situations. Once, something happen and so I complained to two friends about it. The responses that I got was so different. One said "there is nothing you can do about it" and just walked away. No comfort words were given at all. Puzzled as I am, I wonder why can't one just give some comforting words since they can't help. It can help the person in trouble to feel at least a little better. Another friend had a totally opposite response. Although she didn't know how to solve my problems but she said "I will try to ask around". Eventhough it does not give any guarantee that she can help me to solve it but it is the words being said that makes me feel better. I did not expect much solution from that friend since she was not an expert in that area but she did went around asking people and came back to me with a solution. I am not sure whether did it solve the problem but at least the problem is not longer a problem now.
Just see the differences in the responses given. It makes you realize who your true friends are. It makes me wonder as well how deep is my relationship with the friend giving the former response. We have been friends for a couple of years now and I thought we were close, but somehow... it is rather dissapointing.
In another instances, have you ever have to start a conversation most of the time? It is seriously getting on my nerves now as I feel that if I do not start a conversation then the conversation will not happen at all? It will then be as if we are a total stranger to each other. And what make matter worst is when I try to make a conversation but all I get is just a single word answer. It is like I am doing all the asking and hungry for answers. A conversation will not last long if it doesn't go two ways. I am sick of trying to strike a conversation all the time. Why should I bother starting a conversation when the others are not interested in it. Or maybe I should accept the fact that people are just not interested in talking to me. The problem is with me and not others.
Hence, when you do not get a response or a satisfactory reply, is either the other person did not hear what you said or just not bother by it. Deaf or dumb?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey.... good job with the blogging....
altho i got terasa a bit... hehehe... but u know i sayang u rite? whenever i 1 word response, it's when i'm distracted with something else... heheehe
But still sayang u ok? MUAKS!!!
wheeee.. me!me! im your true friend. hehe. celest terasa ady. she should be rite? tsk tsk..
on a more serious note, i'm sure you're aware that there's so many TRUE friends around you who care and love you. think about us whenever you're feeling down :)
i love you :) hugsss..
thanks guys..both of you are the best..love and hugs from me
Post a Comment