Wednesday, June 4, 2008

What do you do best?

What is your best quality about yourself? Playing computer games; sports (badminton, swimming, tennis etc); instruments (piano, guitar etc); drawing, singing; cooking, baking; photography, camping. Or something more abstract like public speaking, friendliness, time management, being organized. Or anything else. Yet a simple question as this seems difficult to me. I don't know what am I good at. I am never excel in one area. I just know a little of somethings. It is good but also bad. It then make me seems like I don't really know myself. Who am I? Why don't I have something that I am really passionate about? Or is there one but I am just not realising it? Anyone care to point out? I can't think of something that I am really obsessed about. Hmmm I remembered those schooling days where we were so obsessed about a particular celebrity/artists that everyone knows about it. We will know every single detail about our idol, having posters of the same face covering every single wall in our rooms, even having pictures of the celebrity in our purses. Then there were all the autograph books where friends would paste pictures of our favourite celebrity in it. Not to forget our nicknames were the names of the idols and even having email address with their names in it. Haha. The good old days. Anyway, my point is even back then I wasn't so crazy about a particular artist. I did have some favourites but come to think about it, it might be more of peer pressure than actually liking them. Lol. The only thing I can think off is I will be a good mother. Wahahahaha. Is not something I am good at currently but hopefully in the future. This is based on the number of 'kids' I had back in college. Practically, about quarter of the Chinese in AUSMAT were my 'kids'. Haha. Suddenly, I was everyone's "A mak". And there were a few occassions where people "yes mum" me here in Australia. OMG. I don't know what I did that got me into this label. Maybe I nag people too much like their mums. Oppsss. Haha. I am done with 'mothering' people for the time being until I have my own children =P So yeah, what are you good at? I will try to figure out what I do best. Damn. Is tough.

1 comment:

Huey Wen said...

Hmm..maybe you know what you are good at but just that sometimes when you meet someone who does those things better than you then you won't consider yourself good anymore.